What is meant by cold-pressed coconut oil/butter?
When i got to know about cold-pressed coconut butter, i was intrigued to know about the term "Cold-Pressed". I was satisfied to find out, that cold-pressing is the most proper option used for the extraction of coconut oil. Unlike, boiling method of extraction, cold pressing, retains all the nutrients in the product without destroying them by intense heating. Hence, it is the first strong point that will make you move towards Raw Gaia's cold-pressed coconut butter.
It comes in the glass jar of 90grams with a yellow label on it. It is almost fragrance free when solid. It appears solid white in the butter form, whereas completely crystal transparent at its oil state.
You may get the benefits of both the coconut oil and coconut butter from the single jar. If you want to use it as a hair conditioner, keep it on a room temperature. On the other hand, if you desire to use it as a body butter then you would like to refrigerate it after opening.
- As the coconut-oil
- As the coconut butter
I made my mum use it, who has a very dry flaky skin even in the summers. She keeps developing white patches on her face and her conditions more seems like a medical one. When she applies it on her skin, the skin instantly turns into a soft, smooth and supple skin that glows pink. Only a little amount is needed to apply on face. Donot worry it doesnot make face look like an oil factory. However, I would not recommend to use it on oily skins in the summer season. I am seriously reluctant to use it on my skin since the temperature here iin summers remains more than 35C. I wish I had got it in winters to try as a body butter.
Benefits of Coconut Butter
- Improves dry skinand make it glow healthily, turn it pink and soft
- Possess excellent anti-oxidant qualities
- Helps in many skin conditions like inflammation, eczema and dermatitus.
- It contains essential oils that protects hairs from harmfull UV rays, make them shiny and protect from hairfall.
- It acts as a good conditioner on hairs and also helps reduce dandruff.
- Last but not the least, it also reduce lices.
Price: £11.49Pros and Cons
- Attractive glass jar packaging
- completely organic
- Moisturises skin
- Conditions hairs
- Heal many skin conditions
- Retains all the goodness of the coconut
- May be a bit messy in oil state
- Doesnot completely kill the problem. You need to use it permanently if you want to get rid of any skin condition.
Major Turn-off: Nothing
End of the Line:
Over all a good body butter that may be used even in the medical conditions. Equally beneficial in both oil and butter forms. Oily skin bearers should avoid it in summers.