Due to the emergence of cable networks subjects which once were taboo have now become a routine discussion and the envelop of acceptability has been pushed even further. Despite this liberation the network standards and practices department should still exercise some caution. Local stations also exercise self-regulation. Occasionally a local station decides that a network show is in appropriate for their audience and decline to show it.
However, Pakistani media and PEMRA seem to appear as if they have closed their eyes towards the broadcasting of BIGBOSS openly for Pakistani population. Big Boss contains the content which is contradictory to Pakistani societal norms and culture. Appearance of Veena Malik and her open mindedness is the most conflicting and disturbing genre of this show to Pakistani society.
According to Pemra code of ethics no programme or advertisement can be aired, which contains element of pornography, obscenity or indecent or is likely to corrupt public morality
Bigg Boss & Pakistan:
1. Catfights, abuses, cheap slang words and vulgarity – the reality show "Bigg Boss" is packed with adult content in the garb of entertainment.
2. In Islam it is strictly forbidden for the “Na mehrams” to live below a single roof together. Program BIGBOSS can be easily rejected at this point. It is an Indian program with Indian celebrities. Hindu culture is focus of the show which is totally opposite with Islamic values.
3. Dress codes are given no attention. Skin fitted dresses showing bosoms and body figure is not allowed in Islam.
4. This program openly shows open interaction of opposite sexes. Hugging and kissing anytime is a common feature. Moreover, romantic language is also used often in the program by the contestants who are also not considered good according to Pakistani cultural and ethical values.
5. This program is not family friendly. It may pollute young minds. Big boss content in dressing, language and in every other aspect is not suitable for our society.
Moreover,Indian also media played a wonderful tact to gain maximum profit by deciding to involve Pakistani celebrities in BIG BOSS 4. Veena Malik is the most conflicted and a dislikable personality of Pakistan. She knows how to stay in the media and gets everyone’s attention.In big boss 4 too, she has committed serious crimes, if judged according to the ethics and values of the culture/religion she belongs to. As she is a Pakistani contestant, the show big boss is getting very famous in Pakistan, therefore the cable TV channels and Pakistani satellite channels ARY are broadcasting all the episodes. It is a source of corrupting the young generation as well as hurting the family values. Big boss is allegedly creating bad taste in the prime time of family.
Bigboss is being considered unethical even in India .A local court has issued notice to the Chief executive.hereOfficer of Colors channel on a petition demanding immediate ban on the 'Big Boss 4' reality show.As it telecasted some very unethical scenes of two contestants at the show which offended Indian culture.For details clickIt is proved by the mentioned facts that Big Boss is a program not suitable for Pakistani population. It contradicts extremely with the moral, religious and cultural values of Pakistan.Big Boss should be banned immediately as it is violating the codes and conduct of Pakistani electronic media. Cable operators should also be instructed to stop delivering it to their subscribers.Until it is completely banned, there is no other way to protect the society from the resulting damage which may harm the norms of Pakistani culture.
Pictures of Veena Malik and Ashmit Patel havebeen removed from this blogpost.Author had been repeatedly asked to remove them due to indecency.
Read this article at Pakistan news blog here
War of glamour by private media